Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Leaving a Legacy

My grandmother has gone home today. She will be dearly missed. She was peaceful when she passed and was ready to head home. She had felt she had a great life here on earth but her battle was over she was tired. She was a wonderful woman and left a wonderful legacy to live on in her memory. She was a loving mother to 5, three boys and two girls, grandmother to 12 and great-grandmother to 21. Her final day of conciousness was full of prayer, praise and bible. Her children while she was still conscious went to her bedside to sing her devotional songs and to read to her from psalms and proverbs, she said " It is good", Her final night my mother (her youngest) sat at her bedside and read the book of psalms to her thru the night, I can't think of a more peaceful way to go than to hear God's word during your final moments here on earth. I thank God for the wonderful woman he created and the legacy that she will leave behind.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Wendy, I'm just now reading. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother -- I know you will miss her. It sounds like her last days were peaceful and full of relationship. What a wonderful way to cross over! May God give everyone in your family comfort.

Kaydub said...

I'm going to miss the firm handshake and the impish twinkle in her eye when she was being ornery.
And thanks for the tribute. Your words are important.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! I loved that woman so much! I will always remember her and your grandpa sitting at our games cheering you on!

I was able to go to your grandpa's funeral, we happened to be in town at that time. I'm sad I'll mis your grandma's.

I love you and am praying for your whole family!

Lovies, Kara