Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ryder



Ryder has been very difficult to get down for a nap lately. I haven't changed the routine he has just decided he doesn't want to be out of my sight lately. I read him two books and sing a song as I am walking him to his crib. So yesterday we did our routine, (I knew he was tired too because he was falling asleep during lunch) I lay him in bed and he is fine, but as soon as I close the door he is up and screaming. So I decide to go and take my shower (yes late in the day, we were having a lazy day) Jacob did his books on tape and coloring while I was bathing. Well, I heard this really shrill cry from Ryder (which is not too uncommon when he is mad, he will really let you know) I kept listening and there was nothing. Then his cry got very loud and sounded closer, I went in the hallway and could tell that Ryder was crying from his door. I open the door and he is sitting on the floor at the door which is kinda strange, I tried to get him to stand and he wouldn't put his right leg down (weird). I rocked him for awhile (he was very upset and I could tell he hurt). He fell asleep and when he woke up we hiked it to the ER. Little Ryder broke his leg, he was such a trooper at the hospital, the Doctors kept commenting on how calm he was, unless you tried to take him from my arms. So Ryder has a cast for 4-6 weeks and today he keeps saying "walk" and falling when he tries. This will definitely take some adjusting.

5 comments:

Christy C Beach said...

Poor buddy.
Did he fall out of his crib.

Kristy said...

So sad!! Were you able to tell how it happened? Does this mean no swimming on the cruise, or do they have some suggestions? Give him a hug for me!

Anonymous said...

Bless his little heart!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that! It must hurt your heart to watch him try to walk and fall down. I will pray for ya'll... he's such a cutie!

Kara

Dianne Bryden said...

Oh, no! Please don't tell me he fell out of his crib. I'm so nervous about that myself. Poor little guy!!!