Sunday, December 30, 2007

ATTACK OF THE SNOT MONSTER!!!!!!

I have never been so covered in snot as I have this last week. Ryder has a nasty cold and is sharing his mucus with my shirt and arms and anything else that is near when he sneezes. And this is the really gross thing, when he sneezes the snot is also coming out his eyes, seriously gross, poor guy when he wakes up ( every hour, all night long) I have to clean the goop from his eyes and open up his nostrils again( they are caked with buggers!!!). He is miserable, and his eyes must itch from the snot because he has rubbed them so much he has a busted blood vessel in each eye, he looks so sad. So needless to say, my house is a wreck because I am rocking my baby !!! :) On a positive note today seems to be a good day as far as snot goes, not as much caked to the nose and none coming out of the eyes today :). I think I need to get some snot colored t-shirts so it doesn't stand out so much whenever I am in public and forget to check my shirt before I leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow girl, you got me beat! I thought I had it bad - McKinley's had a nasty cold all week too (note to self, skip kids class at church week before Christmas) - and finally it's hit Jacky. McKinley's snot finally cleared up when I gave her some kids Sudafed Motrin, but I doubt a one year old can take it. I had to sign my life away just to purchase it here. Jack is congested really bad too and all I can for him is suck that snot out best I can. Sick kids...not fun! I'm actually mad about it, at who I don't know. In 2 1/2 years, McKinley's never even been sick so this is really new for us! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Maybe we can resolve to see one another in '08!

Sandi said...

Poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon and that your clothes see some serious laundry attention. :)

Bren said...

sorry i'm late on the snot updated blog, but all i have to say is, "thanks for sharing." hehe!