Friday, October 24, 2008

31

Well I am now officially into the thirties!! Last year was just a trial year to see if I liked my thirties or not!!?? So I guess I like them because I am now thirty-one!!! I had a wonderful day and had to post about it. I was very selfish and planned a day to pamper myself. Although I had to squeeze in a troop leader meeting (girl scouts) but that was fun as well. So here is how my day went. I woke up to sweet message written on my mirror from John, got the kids ready and it was out the door. Dropped Meagan at school and the boys at mom's and went to Starbucks for coffee!! Then it was off to the meeting. After the meeting I went and met John at Red Robin (so good). It was so nice to meet him for lunch alone, and he gave me the book the Love Dare. (side note) We went to see the movie Fireproof and are doing a bible study at our church with other couples based on the book/movie, so he thought that it would be fun to do the dare for each other. He wrote the sweetest note to me in the book that I am positive I will love looking back over the next 100 years :). So after lunch I browsed around the mall and bought a few things and just enjoyed a leisurely afternoon alone. After my mall time I went to get my hair done and then to get a manicure and a pedicure ( I think that I could get used to all this pampering). To top the day off my mom and the kids made me a dinner and cake. It was a wonderful day and I feel so refreshed after getting some alone and pampering time.

4 comments:

Kara Deal said...

happy birthday my sweet friend! I sorry it's late. If only we could have pampering "birthday's once a month!!!

Tell your mama hi for me!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday dear friend!! I am so glad the day was a success - you deserve it! Thanks for blazing the "30's trail" and proving that it's still fun!! :-) Maybe even more so than our twenties, only now I have wrinkles around my eyes... older & wiser, right? But I'm not altogether sure how we got here - sometimes I wake up and am still shocked I have kids! :-) At any rate, I'm right behind you! I still remember the first time we met (or at least really spoke). It must have been the week that you turned 19 because we hung out on Halloween for the first time. Twelve years ago - wow!

See you in FIVE weeks - yeah! Can't wait to show of my Washington "tan". :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day all to yourself. Good for you!

Sandi said...

Happy late birthday!! It sounds like it was a wonderful, relaxing day.