Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Story (or some of it)

I had a moment at church today... And was reminded of my journey through life so far.
When I was 13 I decided to be baptized, I remember feeling so intense about God and so on fire for his word, wonderful feelings, I knew absolutely God's way was the right way. Well, Satan attacked me and his attacks were fierce. I was not prepared for the temptations I had to face that year and years to come at school and at home. I made horrible decisions that would affect me and my family forever. I carry these scars still with me today but I carry them in a different light than I ever thought I would be able to do. God saved me from my "choices" and brought me back to his. Over the years I have felt a gentle nudging to share my story but not the push to do so. Just the quiet voice letting me know he was preparing me to share my story with others who may be dealing with those same temptations and not have the strength or courage to fight them off. Well, last summer the urge got stronger to share my story, still no push just more of something I need to do soon. So I have been praying, about courage to share, and the words to come when the time is right. Throughout this year I have felt God has really been placing me in areas to prepare me even more for me to find my courage and words. Today in Church was a BIG I am really talking to you Wendy,, get ready your time is NOW!!!! Maybe not necessarily to share my actually story but to be involved with others who I can help and encourage to fight those temptations and to let them know, "I have been there I know how you feel, and I know God is BIGGER than those temptations".

4 comments:

Chelan said...

Wendy! I was SHOCKED to see that you found my blog. I just sat at the computer motionless for a while--I'm so shocked to be in touch with you. I have thought about you so often... I love seeing pictures of your family. Your children are so precious! Thanks for finding me--I will keep in touch, but not through a blog post commenting section :) I'll write you more later. Email me chelanm @ hotmail . com (without the spaces--those are there to avoid phishing scams and spam, etc.).

You totally made my day Wendy,

Chelan

Jen said...

How small is the world? It was so good to see your post! I'm used to the fact that I have three kids but it's funny to me that you do too.:) It's like seeing little kids you used to babysit or something and they're in college now. Life continues but it still surprises you anyways! Did you see Jeb's blog? you probably noticed our old "peeps" on my links. Speaking of old peeps, last month Andy Silbernagel and his wife along with John Lee and his wife showed up at our church in Bellingham. They both live an hour south of us... Crazy. If you go to my brother's blog (or Jess') you can find Jared's blog and see his cute semi-new baby...

Anyway, my email is riesfamily 1998 @ hotmail .com I'll be checking your blog now!

Sandi said...

Wendy, I remember you telling me about this desire of yours a while back. I am excited for you as you look for ways and people to share with! I love keeping up with your blog and being able to comment now. :)

Kaydub said...

Just as important is you being able to tell the story is the reality that God is now going to be sending people to you -- teenage girls -- and you will know EXACTLY what to say to them. You'll be able to stand beside them.
You refresh me!
Kevin