Monday, March 31, 2008

piggy banks

Our children's museum here was having a piggy bank contest in different age categories ranging from pre-k thru 5th grade. Meagan and Jacob both made awesome paper mache piggy banks. Well, Meagan's was a pig Jacobs was a dinosaur. BUT, I forgot to take a picture before we went to the contest :(. Jacob's won first place and they are keeping it on display in the museum through May!!! He won a $50 savings bond and a baggy of prizes ( he was just excited about the baggy ) He will also have his picture in the paper and be on the news :) . Meagan did not win in her age group and was very upset ( I was disappointed for her also) she really should have either won or gotten honorable mention, because the bank that won was a coffee can wrapped in construction paper. I know I am being biased, but hers is really awesome and she put a lot of work and love into her "princess piggy". So hers is on display in the Haustein house thru May, you are welcome to come and admire it!!! :) I am so proud of the both of them.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aiden won a coloring contest last year and won a huge blow up turtle for floating on in the pool. I felt bad for Emma, too. She did win a different coloring contest at school but got a woppin' red ribbon. It's just not fair!

I love Harry Potter. It was sad finishing the series... What do I do with my life now? Movie five was not the least bit sad compared to how the book makes you feel! I was a little depressed reading that one. One sad/bad thing after another. Emma borrowed the largest one (#5 maybe)from the library the other day and I suggested we start with book one if she wanted to read them. I'm not sure if we actually started it yet...