Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pay it forward..The Big Give.....KINDNESS

I watched Oprah's Big give on Sunday evening and was brought to tears, it was so neat to see those people get so excited about helping others. Why can't we all be like this everyday? Obviously we can"t buy people houses or cars or other extravagant items everyday, but the little things really do add up. Two weeks ago John was in the drive thru of a fast food restaurant, he went to pay for his food and the cashier said the lady in front already paid, this made John's day . I've heard of stories of people receiving money in the mail or grocery's dropped at there door while in the middle of hard times. Random acts of kindness. This reminded me of the movie Pay It Forward, do good to others not so you are benefitted but because it will benefit many. It's good to see God's hand at work in the little and the BIG things...
I've made myself a list of little things I would like to accomplish for others.
1. Making sure I send thank you cards, these always make me feel good, and I have been a little too lazy with this in the past, SORRY!
2. dropping thinking of you cards in the mail occasionally ( I love to make cards, I need to put this to good use)
other small things like this, that are easy to do and help brighten days.

No comments: